Rise of the False Dawn
Young metis philodox determined to learn his own history
Current XP: 0
- July 27, 2015: 4 XP for game #10
- July 20, 2015: 1 XP for updating the wiki
- July 19, 2015: 3 XP for Game #9
- June 29, 2015: 4 XP for Game #8
- June 15, 2015: 3 XP for Game #7
- June 1, 2015: 3 XP for Game #6
- May 18, 2015: 3 XP for Game #5
- May 4, 2015: 4 XP for Game #4
- April 20, 2015: 4 XP for Game #3
- April 6, 2015: 4 XP for Game #2 (3 + 1 bonus for Bravery)
- March 23, 2015: 1 XP for Game #1 Recap
- March 23, 2015: 3 XP for Game #1
- August 17, 2015: 19xp (Burrow, Spirit of the Bird, Computer 1, Athletics 3)
- June 29, 2015: 6xp (4th point of gnosis)
- May 4, 2015: 12 XP (Resist Pain, Truth of Gaia, Coils of the Serpent)
- June 1, 2015: +1 Wisdom in stealthily avoiding unnecessary combat
- May 15, 2015: +1 Telling a good story at Rite of the Winter Winds (pack)
- May 15, 2015: +1 Wisdom for maintaining good relations with Kinfolk
- June 15, 2015: +1 perm. glory (rite of accomplishment)*
- June 29, 2015: +1 perm. honor (rite of accomplishment)*
- May 18, 2015: +1 perm. wisdom (rite of accomplishment)*
Previous Temp Renown Awards:
- June 1, 2015: +5 Glory for defeating an attack on BSD with silver wielding allies
- June 1, 2015: +1 Glory for surviving a threat armed with silver
- June 1, 2015: +1 Glory for succeeding in a just quest to join the Step
- April 20, 2015: +3 Glory Defeating an Average Wyrm Threat
- June 15, 2015: +2 Honor for being very honorable
- June 1, 2015: +2 Honor for succeeding in a just quest to join the Sept
- May 15, 2015: + 1 Honor for participating in Rite of the Winter Winds
- April 20, 2015: +2 Honor protecting a helpless scientist from certain death in Magitek facility
- March 23, 2015: +3 Honor for Respecting the Territory of Another
- May 6, 2015: +2 Wisdom maintaining good relations with nearby kinfolk
- April 20, 2015: +3 Wisdom for Revealing the Magitek Armor facility was of the Wyrm
- April 20, 2015: +2 Wisdom maintaining good relations with nearby garou
- April 20, 2015: +2 Wisdom for giving good council to Mirko
*March 23, 2015: +1 Wisdom for Upholding Litany Under Duress
“Ken” is the self-appointed name he introduces himself as now, which he figures is an improvement over some of the backhanded monikers he’d been appointed over the years: Rocky, Warms the Cairn, Chief Beef, Sloth, and dozens of similar plays on the theme.
Ken is a derivation from Kanienkehaka, or “People of the Flint”, the identification of the Mohawk tribe of Native Americans he figures he derives ancestry from, given the geography. Born as a product of broken litany, he was taken from his parents and passed from sept to sept in the northern NY area. As a severely disfigured metis it was determined that hiding him within cairns would be the best way to shield him from the world until he could learn to manage both his disfigurement and breed status. As such, he has virtually zero experience in the homid and lupus worlds, but a surprisingly solid grasp of the nuances of Garou society.
Once he began tracing his lineage, he was forcibly shuffled from sept to sept until the investigative trail was completely severed, being raised second-hand by many tribal representatives and elders until finally Soothsayer of Water personally requested his presence at the Sept of Gaia’s Tears. It was there that he met the remainder of his pack.
Ken is rare even amongst metis for having been disfigured twice by Gaia for the misdeeds of his parents. In what is typically considered his “normal” crinos form he posses a large blunt bone protrusion, some might call it a horn or tusk, occupying the whole front skull quadrant above his right eye, forcing it down nearly parallel with his snout. He is also very nearly hairless, save for some dark gray patches of wiry fur here and then, possessing what could be more accurately desribed as thick hide than pelt. In lupus forms it seems somehow even more ridiculous, an oversized hairless chihuahua mottled with dark scabs and a large rhino’s tusk on the side of his face. In homid form it manifests as a bulbous mass of exposed skull, still shuffling his eye and upper jaw features around, exposing the origins of the Sloth taunt, through to date he’s still never seen Goonies. The scabbing is also a bit worse in homid form, giving his skin a rough, thick texture that occasionally stinks of infection.
However, Gaia seems to have made up for her punishment in a way that rather neatly mirror’s Ken’s relative lack of breed identity. He can flow from one form to another like water, quite effortlessly mixing parts and features, sometimes without even realizing he’s doing it mid-conversation.
Having been brought up by septs within septs, Ken’s taken a strong study to the Litany, both to atone for the mistake of his existence and to ensure that he doesn’t run afoul of any more precepts. He also spends a great deal of time within the safety of the cairn’s umbra, striking up conversations with spirits that hold no prejudices towards his status or appearance.